Please Pray

I just got back from visiting a friend from Granada, Juan Cisneros. His wife, Maritza, is sick right now and he is asking for prayer for her. She is very sick and is having stomach problems. They will be doing an ultrasound in the next few days to try to determine the problem. He is concerned that she may have gall stones (if I understood right).

I met the Cisneros family when I visited Granada in 2004. Juan and Maritza have 3 children; a 7 year old daughter, Nohemi, and twins, Emily and Jeremy, who will be 2 in January (And yes, Emily is named after me). They are a sweet family and are passing through a test right now. Juan is very concerned about Maritza and says he has been taking care of the kids while she is laid up in bed. He says the kids need their mom. She is in alot of pain.

As for me, things are going okay. I've been passing through a few tests in the classroom with my kids. If you think of it, pray for me that I will show these children who God is - that they will come to understand more of His nature through me. My greatest desire for my students is that they will know God. I still struggle with lesson planning and I don't feel like a good teacher sometimes, but I believe God's calling and purpose for me here at this school is to love these children with His love. That is what I am here to do and that needs to be my primary goal. I need to keep the main thing the main thing and not get my priorities mixed up.

I had hoped to post some pictures, but I think the hard drive on my laptop has crashed. Right now the computer guys here at the school are looking at my laptop to see what needs to be done. Hopefully in the next few days I will be able to post a few pics of the Cisneros family.

Thanks for your prayers and love,
Emily 

Comments

  1. I just decided to check the old blog on a whim!;) I'll definitely be praying!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for being a blessing!

Popular posts from this blog

My Last Post Before Christmas

Greetings from Nicaragua!

God has Given me Love