Fall is in the Air

I can't believe we are entering the last week of October! It is so warm here it always feels like summer. October is usually the rainiest month in Nicaragua, but we were bombarded with rain from hurricane Matthew during September, so we have had quite the respite this month. I will be going home for Christmas in less than 2 months! I can't believe it. Time has been flying by. It does not move more slowly here in Nicaragua (at least for me). I can hardly imagine the cold weather back home right now because of the tropical climate here. I understand now why some of my students actually said they didn't believe snow was real. I think I'll have climate shock when I go home more than anything else.

The Cisneros family is doing better, I think. I talked to them on the phone last week. Maritza is feeling better. I'm not sure what she has, but she will be on medication for 4 months and has to be on a diet with no fat.

Today I was able to see my boys that I spent alot of time with in 2005. They are now 17, 15, and 12. It is definitely different now that they are so much older, but I still love them. The oldest has dropped out of school but is working at a factory making tortilla chips. I love spending time with them, but I want to have the right boundaries in my relationship with them.

Classes are going fine. Planning is alot of work for me. I love the relationships with the kids much more than planning lessons. But the kids are so sweet that I enjoy spending time with them. The longer I am in Nicaragua the more I love being here. I love the people. I pray that God will open up more opportunities for me to connect with the people.

Here are more pics of my time here...


My very own classroom!


Two of my first grade girls at the Independence Day Celebration

The view from my front door on a rainy day


One day it rained so much my classroom flooded a bit
The Cisneros Family
 
Maritza and Jeremy
  
My 2 second grade boys. They look so sweet.
The view in Catarina




 


Comments

  1. Oh, thanks so much for the pictures! They are all great! I'm so glad you're doing well and that time is flying! I can hardly wait to see you over the break!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I am glad to read your blog. We miss you a lot. We just got back from the Virgin Islands (which you would love!!!). Will you be coming home at Christmas?
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Em! i'm so happy for you! i know that you are such a blessing to those kids and that family that i don't know how to say their name so i may as well not even try to spell it. :) i hope we get a chance to see each other when you go home. your class room is cute and so are you students. oh my...and that view is beautiful. glad everything is going good with you. don't worry...God will show you your boundries with the boys. i really think it is awesome what you are doing. it is always neat to see how God uses people. i love you girl and hope time continues to fly...and that you don't get climate shock when you go home :).
    -Jodi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for being a blessing!

Popular posts from this blog

My Last Post Before Christmas

One month down...

God has Given me Love