My Last Post Before Christmas

Hi everyone. This will probably be my last post before I leave for Christmas break on December 16th. I will be home for 2 1/2 weeks. I'm so excited! I'm looking forward to a break. Things here are going well.

Over the weekend I went to a beach south of Managua. I was able to watch a sea turtle lay eggs. It was a once in a lifetime experience. In January the eggs will be hatching, so I may go back to see that.

This weekend I also went to an orphanage about 30 minutes from my house. The name of the orphanage is House of Hope. I have visited there several times. There are 12 children that live in the home and 5 little ones there that need lots of love and care. The children are Miskito and are from the Atlantic coast. I think they will be tri-lingual kids...speaking Miskito, Spanish and English. They are precious. The woman who runs the home has gone to the Atlantic coast this week to bring 2 more children back. One of the boys will be up for adoption. The children that now live in the House of Hope were rescued in June. There has been a dramatic transformation in these children in the few months they have been at House of Hope. It is amazing!

This is little Frankie when he first came to the home. They said he didn't smile for a week.

This is Frankie now. Such a happy boy!



 My roommate, Angie, is really attached to Frankie. He always calls her mama. It is so sweet.

                 Frankie praying before dinner. All the children have learned to pray and say Aleluia.

Ofelia is 4 years old but weighed only 16 pounds when she was rescued 5 months ago. 


Ofelia now. What a transformation! She's an independent girl who loves to laugh.

This is me and my little namesake Emily. Her mother is 15 now and is unable to care for her. Emily is serious but sweet and loves being held.

When I visit House of Hope I get to do one of my very favorite things in the world - rock babies to sleep :)


I have so many other pictures I could post and stories I could tell, but I'll have to save them until I see everyone! I love you all and miss you so.

Love,
Em

Comments

  1. I can't get over how hot that roomate of yours is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, my husband and I are wanting to adopt from Nicaragua. I don't know how it works if we have to wait in line or if we can just adopt if we know someone... Anyways, if you have any information or know a child waiting for adoption you could contact us: lorenaklammer@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for being a blessing!

Popular posts from this blog

I Climbed a Mountain!

Greetings from Nicaragua!